Welcome, I am happy you found my blog. I am a passionate dancer and life time ballet fan who also is the proud mom of 2 girls who happen to take after the same passion. Guess what, this blog will initially talk about ... tutus, yes that's right.

Oh ... before you read on and go exploring, please take my short poll on this page on your prefered kind of tutu. Hope to see you back soon.


Picture above obtained from
http://thedesigninspiration.com/photos/balletbird .

Copyright please see author in the original source.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Hooray hooray, it's an International Tutu Day!




Well, it would seem that today is not only Chandeleur, which we celebrate here with pancakes, you know, the real edible stuff, not the tutu - but ....

It also is International tutu day. What a delicious coincidence!


A couple of contests have been launched on Facebook in order to celebrate this day.
  • Tutu.com is offering a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to TUTUSCHOOL! This scholarship will be for a 3-day classical tutu class AND a 2-day couture bodice class.
  • Pantages Theatre in LA launched a photo contest "Wear A Tutu, Get Free Tickets" to their première of Billy Elliot the musical.

You still have a couple of hours to participate.

I guess I will have to allow my youngest to wear her romantic tutu to ballet class today! She has been nagging at me about this for weeks, but I felt it a bit overdone and impractical.

Really, it ought to be a pancake tutu instead! Or maybe one of these ultra modern ones like these tutus from William Forsythe's The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude or Stanton Welch's Divergence?

These really are one of my favourite costumes all time. The pleated black tutus from the ballet Divergence are actually made out of industrial air conditioning mesh. Imagine trying to sew that!! I am already having a difficult time with my trials making tutus out of plastic.
       

William Forsyhte - The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude
  
William Forsyhte - The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude


  











 
Robyn Hendricks in Divergence Photo by Jim McFarlane
    
Costume sketch by Vanessa Leyonhjelm for Divergence




 

                  

Dana Stephsensen in Divergence Photo by Jim McFarlane

Enjoy your pancakes today, aaah I mean your tutu !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...