Welcome, I am happy you found my blog. I am a passionate dancer and life time ballet fan who also is the proud mom of 2 girls who happen to take after the same passion. Guess what, this blog will initially talk about ... tutus, yes that's right.

Oh ... before you read on and go exploring, please take my short poll on this page on your prefered kind of tutu. Hope to see you back soon.


Picture above obtained from
http://thedesigninspiration.com/photos/balletbird .

Copyright please see author in the original source.

Monday 25 July 2011

Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre present "How to make a tutu" Swan Lake

Watching this interesting interview with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre's costumier Janet Marie Groom where she discusses the creation of 22 new white swan tutus for their production of Swan Lake in April 2010, I of course have to think back to when I have danced in Swan Lake myself soo many years ago.

I think I must have been about 14. I remember my tutu for the "Small swans" Pas de Quatre. I was soo proud of it. Although compared to these gorgeously decorated tutus, mine was very plain and simple. It did not have 12 layers and the tulle was not pleated either. It had 'only' 5 layers of tulle, sewn directly onto a leotard instead of assembling a bodice and a yoke. It still made me feel like the little uglu duck that had grewn up into a beautiful swan, well at least temporarily that was .

I still have that tutu hanging in my closet. Every once in a while, it gets a second life and moment of glory when my eldest daghter of 8 persuades me she will be very carefull with it dancing around in it at home, even though it is way too big for her!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...